Booking and payment
1. To book one of our tours it is necessary to make an advance payment of 25% of the total price, according to the modalities described here. When we receive the advance payment on our account, the booking is to be considered successful. The advance payment is not refundable, except in the cases at point 5.
2. The remaining 75% of the total price will have to be paid before 60 days from the date of departure of the tour (always according to the modalities described here), otherwise the booking will be cancelled and the advance payment not returned.
Cancellation and refunds
3. If the client cancels his participation or renounce after having paid the advance payment of 25% of the total price, such advance payment will be NOT refunded, but it could be used – within two years from the date of payment – to book another one of our tours.
4. If the client cancels his participation to the tour after having paid the full amount (100%), the last installment of 75% of the total price will be refunded in the quantities described below:
- If the client cancels within 120 days before the date of departure of the tour he bought, he will be refunded 75% of such amount.
- If the client cancels within 90 days before the date of departure of the tour he bought, he will be refunded 50% of such amount.
- If the client cancels within 60 days before the date of departure of the tour he bought, he will be refunded 25% of such amount.
- If the client cancels beyond 60 days before the date of departure of the tour he bought, no refund will be issued.
5. If the tour is cancelled by Samsara Roads, a full refund of both the advance payment (25%) and the final instalment (75%) will be issued.
6. Samsara Roads does not refund the price paid by the client if, for any reason, he or she is denied entry in India by the Custom Authorities at the airport.
What’s included in the price?
7. The price you pay is inclusive of:
- all transports within India and related to the itinerary of the tour (trains, buses, subway, boats, rickshaws, etc);
- all stays in mid-range hotels and guesthouses;
- three meals per day: quality and plentiful Indian food, plus drinking water and fruits;
- airport pick-up at arrival;
- all tickets and fees for any activity included in the program of the tour;
8. The price you pay DOES NOT include:
- flights to and from India;
- Indian Visa;
- travel insurance.
Requirements for participants
9. In order to participate to one of our tours it is compulsory to have a medical travel insurance and valid Indian Visa. We are not responsible for personal injuries occured during the tours and we are not responsible for the loss or theft of any personal effects.
10. Our tours are open to everyone, but we kindly ask our travel companions to be in decent physical and psychological conditions, since our tours are not luxury or comfort oriented; there will be days when we’ll walk a lot and probably days of hot and humid climate (in certain periods of the year); moreover, India is a chaotic place, very intense and sometimes stressful, with sub-standard hygienic conditions.
11. From our travel companions we also expect adaptability and openness to cultural and religious diversities.
With the advance payment of 25% of the total price, the client accepts all terms of participation listed above, from point 1 to point 11.